SUPPLEMENTAL WEIGHT LOSS
The Best Vitamin Supplements For Weight Loss
One of the most vital essential to any weight loss program, or health regimen program in general, is a vitamin supplement program. I think a lot of people grow up and then grow backwards.
Remember when you didn’t want to eat your vegetables, do your homework, or take your vitamins?
Here we are again, at whatever age you may be, turning up our faces at a vitamin regimen. If it was good for us then (which it was), just how much better is it for us now? Especially when the goal is to make changes in our physical composition. So here it is, The Best 40 Vitamin Supplements For Weight Loss!
1 – 40
- Alpha Linoleic Acid – ALA – Alpha Linoleic Acid is a form of Omega-3 fatty acid found in plants. Similar to the Omega-3 fatty acid found in fish. There are very many benefits to incorporating this vitamin into your diet, mainly it lowers cholesterol and eases constipation.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – ALA- Alpha Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant that assists the body in turning glucose into energy so it can be burned for fuel and not stored as fat.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This vinegar is known historically for aiding in weight loss by making one feel fuller after drinking it. Thereby it allows the dieter to eat less.
- Beta Glucan – This vitamin increases fiber intake in a pill form that is soluble. Getting into the routine of taking five grams of a neutral-tasting beta–glucan fiber mix before or with each meal would help provide weight loss effects.
- Bitter Orange – Bitter Orange is an extract from citrus fruit that works for weight loss by suppressing the appetite.
- Calcium – Calcium is a mineral that strengthens Vitamin D. It is stored in fat cells. Research has shown that a higher level of calcium in a fat cell will more readily cause it to be released to be burned. It also binds with fat to your GI tract, stopping it from being absorbed into your blood.
- Capsaicin – Capsaicin extract comes from spicy red peppers and helps to curb the classic rebound experienced by dieters who lose stubborn fat after having lost it.
- Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are a super food and is extremely high in Omega-3, so if you’re allergic to fish you can still reap the benefits of having Omega-3’s to help you lose weight. Chia seeds also contain a voluminous amount of ALA.
- Chromium Picolinate – Chromium Picolinate stabilizes blood sugar levels which reduce cravings and thus enables the dieter to be successful at eating less.
- Coenzyme Q10 – Coenzyme Q10 keeps energy levels up which helps the dieter to lose fat by being more energetic. Found in fish or in supplement form this enzyme also boosts the immune system, helping with heart health and migraine. This is also being looked at for cancer treatment purposes.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil helps prevent stretch marks associated with fat loss when used on your skin directly, right after a shower. Research also proved that 15-30 grams a day of coconut oil’s medium chain triglycerides a day increased 24 hour expenditure of energy by 5%. Thus burning an extra 120 calories per day. The more one ingests the less food they tend to eat in day, leading to dramatic weight loss. Also, coconut oil appears to be especially effective at reducing abdominal, or visceral, fat which is extremely harmful,in the abdominal cavity wall and around organs. Coconut oil also improves digestion and helps to build muscle.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid – CLA – CLA’s are one of the most effective fat burners found in cow’s meat and dairy products. The only thing with this is the amount of beef or milk you’d have to consume to enjoy the fat burning benefits of this acid, so it is best taken in a supplement form. CLA enables blood glucose to enter body cells so it can be burned for energy as opposed to being stored as body fat. When added to vitamin D and protein this is creating the perfect environment for fat burning.
- Diatomaceous Earth – (food grade) – This fine powder comes from fossilized algae. The silica it contains is stated to detoxify the body, a process by which weight loss takes place as an effortless and natural side effect. There is, however, a version made for cleaning pools and although you’d probably lose weight (and maybe more) if you consumed this, it is not the version for weight loss. So make sure you have the food grade.
- Dimethylaminoethanol – DMAE – This is a supplement that not only assists in loss of weight, but it’s properties also increase muscle tone, focus, and is a mood enhancer, all beneficial when undertaking a diet. Lastly it acts as an anti inflammatory and rejuvenates the skin’s appearance.
- Fiber – Fiber expands in your stomach and reduces your appetite by producing a fuller feeling. Fiber also assists in weight loss by stimulating beneficial bacteria in your gut, thus absorbing and expelling waste and fat cells.
- Flaxseed – Flaxseed and Flaxseed oil has the properties of ALA, Omega 3 fatty acid’s precursor. This converts into DHA and EPA, which are more active Omega 3’s. Evidence shows that it has the effect of lowering cholesterol and easing constipation. it is also shown to improve kidney function.
- Fucoxanthin – This is also an algae based supplement that is known to specifically attack fat, so not just weight loss will be experienced by the dieter, but weight loss without the sacrifice of muscle mass.
- Gammalinoleic Acid – GMA – is stated by Dr. Oz and Dr. Perricone to reduce stress thereby switching the body away from fat storing mode (Dr. Oz) into a burning mode, and speeding up metabolism (Dr. Perricone).
- Garlic – Garlic is definitely a Super Food and was used by the ancient Egyptians to block hunger and increase energy.
- Glucomannan – Dr. Oz supported dietary fiber.
- Green Tea Extract – Green tea Extract changes the form of fat at a molecular level, to be exclusively used for the purpose of burning for fuel as opposed to storage.
- Guarana – Guarana contains caffeine, once ingested it expands and leads to a fuller feeling thus reducing appetite.
- L-Glutamine – The weight loss benefits of L-Glutamine are numerous. This vitamin supplent strengthens the immune system, helps to stimulate lean muscle growth and aid in the recovery process. L-Glutamine also increases the resting metabolic rate and improves the digestive tract.
- Magnesium – Magnesium intake is associated with lower levels of insulin and fasting glucose, which are precursors to related to fat and weight gain. Magnesium is also known for regulating blood sugar and overall optimal heart health.
- Monosaturated Fatty Acid – MUFA – MUFA is a type of fat found in olive oil, nuts, seeds, avocados, peanut butter, and chocolate. This fat zeros in on belly fat specifically. They also regulate bood sugar while reducing appetite. Also found in coconut oil, sunflower seed butter and sunflower oil.
- Omega 3 – Omega 3 enables fat to be shed by burning enzymes that that trigger fat to be burned. Also regulating emotions they tend to curb emotional eating or “binging.” Also improving the signal produced by leptin to amplify fat burning and and decreasing appetite. Salmon is a fatty fish also high in Vitamin D, and is the richest food source of this fat. Nuts and seeds also contain a fat that is converted into Omega 3 when ingested.
- PAGG – Policasinal, ALA, Garlic and Green Tea Extract – This is a 4 fold supplement which is taken two times a day. Once during the day and once in the evening. The benefits of all of these vitamins have been discussed singularly, so I will not repeat and be redundant. It is just safe to say that a combination should work more effectively than one of these dietary supplements taken alone.
- Polyphenol – Polyphenols are the antioxidants that supply Green Tea with it’s metabolism and health benefits. Boosting resting metabolism rate at 12%, they help the body to burn additional fat. This is why after drinking tea, or taking a vitamin containing it’s properties, your body will “heat up”. This is your cells expending calories in the form of heat.
- Protein – Protein is the Holy grail. Protein assists better overall body composition, which is the percentage of fat in relation to muscle mass. With calcium and Vitamin D, Protein assists you in retention of lean muscle mass as one diets or sheds excess weight through cardio and exercising fast – as in circuit training.
- Raspberry Ketones – Featured on Dr. Oz, the demand for these supplements is sky high. All natural weight loss remedy from raspberries. In extract form so that you do not have to eat the thousands of raspberries you would in food form to reap these benefits. Raspberry ketones also regulates metabolism and breaks down fat cells.
- Resveratol – Resveratol helps keep the body’s blood glucose sensitivity in line, which helps keep weight regulated.
- Senna – Senna is often used for it’s laxative propeties and helping to expel the colon of stored waste, thus aiding in weight loss.
- Taurine – Taurine is found in meats and seafood and it is also the key component found in many energy drinks. It is more likely to be taken in supplement form, 3000mg recommended daily.
- Vitamin B1-B2-B3-B5-B6-B7-B9 & B12 – The vitamin B complex is well-known for acting as a catalyst for energy metabolism in your body. Without it, your body cannot break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats for energy. B-12 specifically supports energy production, thereby assisting in the body’s ability to convert food to energy. Some people take injections of B-12 when dieting to increase energy and assist with weight loss efforts.
- Vitamin C – Some dieters also take high amounts of vitamin C to expedite weight loss.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D ensures that the body listen sensitively to insulin. Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas. Insulin helps glucose get into body cells, which the body then burns for fuel. Vitamin keeps the parathyroid hormone low, whereas high parathyroid hormone – from vitamin D deficiency – will cause fat cells to convert sugar into fat to be stored, instead of releasing it to be purged for energy purposes. Vitamin D also strengthens Leptin, a hormone that tells your brain to stop eating when you have had enough. When Vitamin D levels are low you always feel like you are hungry. Therefore a deficiency in vitamin D will more than likely cause or precipitate weight gain.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E allows you to get more out of your workouts. It also aids in recovery and gives more energy for you to exercise with enabling the dieter to work harder, lift heavier and lose more.
- Whey Protein – Whey protein reduces hunger, many Whey Protein supplements have ratios of high protein to little to no carbs, which as a meal replacement, with an exercise regimen and healthy diet will lead to very significant weight loss,while retaining lean muscle mass. Also, Whey Protein supplements are usually stock full of BCAA’s, components of L-Glutamine and L-Carnitine, creatine, and other essential vitamins vital to any weight loss regimen.
- White Bean Extract – Another favorite of Dr. Oz, this extract is stated to boost metabolic rates while blocking carbohydrate absorption. This makes it particularly of benefit to those undertaking a low-carbohydrate, no-carbohydrate, or Ketogenic Diet.
- Zinc – Zinc is simply a must have. Helping the thyroid to regulate weight maintenance and lessen fluctuation, zinc will also help to jump start a slow metabolism.
I’ve alluded to this before, often, so you know how I feel about those searching in dark corners of the gym or the internet in search of the “Magic Pill”. That is completely illusory. There is no such thing as a diet pill, except if you hear the snake-oil sales man tell you something different on an infomercial, in the wee hours of the night.
None of these vitamins will do the work for you – hence, the word “supplement”. They are to supplement a diet and exercise regimen. They are to support those components, and if you use this format and combine these vitamin supplements with a diet and exercise program, your weight is going to begin to melt immediately!